Category Archives: Blog
1. The quality and stability of the hosting company. Search the internet to check if they have got a rating and review.
2. Space provided at least 5 GB
3. The no limit for the mysql db, even if it is one database. Remember the database increases as time passes.
4. The number of consecutive connections permitted, at least 10. In the even digg decides to kiss you 😀
5. If you are going for a personal website then look below $6.
6. The bandwidth provided is for decoration. You will not need the said bandwidth unless you are having over 20,000 hits a month, if this is the case the you make enough money from google adsense to fund a dedicated server.
7. Dont buy the gimmick of 12 months of pre-paid hosting and you get 12% off, as you might change your web host after 4 months, if you are not satisfied with the current.
8. The number of emails does not play a role if you are a small business. Web hosts say they will provide you with 1000 emails. Just a question, what are you going to do with this many emails anyway?
9. Some web host provide the same price for linux and windows hosting, check the features and go for what is convenient.
10. The support response will be 12 or 12 hours or minutes, but when you really need the support you will never get one.
11. Do not fall for the SSL certificate shit, as you will not require them unless you are doing credit card transaction. Assuming you are doing one too, you will have a link clicked to forward the details to a page that will have a SSL certificate.
The current dashboard for wordpress is not all that great for once reason, is that its far too complicated to look at and it looks all same everywhere.
Can wordpress give an option to users whether new or old dashboard.
A decisive 46 percent of the 6,000 people surveyed by travellers' website Where Are You Now (WAYN) said the French were the most unfriendly nation people on the planet, British newspapers reported.
The Germans have no to reason to celebrate the damning verdict. They came second on all three counts.
WAYN's French founder, Jerome Touze, told the papers he had been stunned by the thumping condemnation of his compatriots and sought to blame it on Gallic love-struck sulking.
"I had no idea that the French would emerge as such an unfriendly country," he said.
"I think our romantic 'moodiness' is misunderstood and I will be sure to pass on the message to my family and friends back in France to be a bit more cheerful to tourists in the future."
Italy was voted the world's most cultured nation with the best cuisine, while the United States was named the most unstylish with the worst food.
The British did not feature in the top 10 of any of the categories.
"The British fit in nowhere — good or bad. It appears that we are so completely average that the voters did not include us in any category," the tabloid Daily Express commented.
"And to our shame, four percent of respondents — all British of course — said they would only talk to other Britons when they are abroad."
This unwillingness to talk to the locals appears to go hand in hand with respondents' perceptions of foreigners.
While most said Spain was the foreign country where they would most like to live, they said the Spaniards were nearly as unfriendly and ungenerous as the French.
To add insult to injury, British newspaper The Daily Telegraph put the boot in on Saturday by saying in an editorial that the French stank.
"The French may like to think that Chanel No 5 is their scent but we all know that garlic and stale Gitanes are much more representative."
Invalid query "
SELECT id FROM members WHERE email=
Incorrect key file for table './blogmad/members.MYI'; try to repair it
GoDaddy Servers were down at 10 AM GMT. None could access their Website Godaddy.com or any hosted websites.
I am posting this eventhough my blog is moved to another location.
I was wondering as to why Atariboy and scobelizer stays on top of blog ranking. Atariboy has blogmad to get a number of hits. now the hits are directed to wordpress.
whereas scoble is a well known face in the tech crowd. The comments are well formated and this is where he gets his hits.
So its not a surprise they are both on top at some point. Currently Scoble is on top.
New research suggests that elderly women who watch daytime soap operas and talk shows are more likely to suffer from cognitive impairment than women who abstain from such fare.
Researchers stress that it’s not clear if watching these TV shows leads to weaker brainpower, or vice-versa. And they say it’s possible that another explanation might be at work.
But there’s definitely “something going on with those two types of television programming,” said study co-author Joshua Fogel, an assistant professor of behavioral sciences at Brooklyn College of the City University of New York.